Terms and Conditions
- Participants in the Malta Poker Festival must be at least 18 years of age, and 25 if they are Maltese citizens.
- Players are responsible for having a valid passport and all other documentation necessary for participation in the MPF land-based poker tournaments. Players are advised to check visa and passport requirements in advance.
- The use of offensive language at the tournaments will disqualify a player from participating in any tournament.
- Any attempt at collusion during the course of a tournament will result in the player’s disqualification and the freezing of his or her entry to Portomaso Casino.
- Any player found to be “soft playing” in order to allow another player to win during the course of a tournament will be disqualified from the tournament.
- The Malta Poker Festival shall in no way be liable for any injuries, losses, damages or expenses suffered or incurred by any player during the event.
- The Malta Poker Festival cannot advise on the tax position of winners, as some jurisdictions treat poker wins as tax free, while in other jurisdictions such proceeds are taxable. If the winnings are taxable in a player’s jurisdiction, the player is solely responsible to keep track of, and report his/her winnings to, the appropriate authorities.
- The terms of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Malta. You agree that any dispute concerning or arising out of this Agreement will be decided by the Maltese courts.
- With respect to The Malta Poker Festival, the official language shall be English. This will be enforced all throughout the event and in all tournaments and cash games.
- Disclosure – Players are obligated to protect the other players at all times. Therefore, whether in a hand or not, players may not:
- Disclose contents of live or folded hands. • Advise or criticize play before the action is completed. • Read a hand that hasn’t been tabled. • Discuss hands or strategy with any spectator. • Seek or receive consultation from an outside source. • The one-player-to-a-hand rule will be enforced.
- The Grand Event with a buy-in of 550 EUR allows two (2) re-entries per day with the possibility of stack surrender, or stack sacrifice at the end of all Day1s. Players can use this feature only when they need to bag their chips for Day2. Once the bag with chips is sealed, the player’s right to surrender their stack will be forfeited. Stacks eligible to be forfeited are those that are initial stack (50K) or less.
- Day 1E Turbo of the Grand Event is played untill we reach the average of the % of the Players who made the day 2 while playing the first 4 flights.
For example: 1000 players with 280 players qualified for the day 2.
Day 1E turbo is played until we reach the 28% of the entries of the day 1E.